Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Harvesting Nettles - Redux

This post has been a long time coming.  I'm ecstatic to report that I have finally succeeded in my quest for dried nettles.  I am sitting here with my large glass of nettle infusion, and I'm happy to report that I didn't even have to buy a dehydrator. 
After my first failure, my friend and I took a little trip over to Washington's Olympic Peninsula.  We cruised around the back roads in the Hansville area, and the nettles were plentiful.  We harvested a trunk-full of bags and headed home on the evening ferry.  This time instead of letting them dry in their bags, I gave them a light wash and then spread them on my dining table on top of clean towels. 
I put a fan up that kept air circulating and I 'stirred' them around every now and again when I walked by.  They were dry in about 4 days, though, I left them for a couple extra days just to be safe.  I was able to chop them in a food processor, and ended up with about 5lbs.  SUCCESS!
As far as the health aspects, I do feel like my skin has a better glow.  We'll see if my weight loss journey speeds up at all as I continue to drink the magic.  I'll keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment